Power is back!


After I got home from work yesterday I fired up the generator just long enough to have my neighbor come out and tell me that City Utilities had restored the power and that it should be back on. So, I quickly de-hardwired the generator, put my electric meter back on, and flipped the main breaker to find out that indeed the power was back on. Yay!

So, with power again, I played for several hours on the internet toying with different things including the links list on the side of my blog. I personalized all my boring links with a cool graphic button. It took a while, but I think it was well worth it. I've got to keep things interesting around here, right? I also engineered a button that allows readers to be added to the list of people who get an e-mail when I write a new blog. Most of you reading this, I would say, are already on the list, but there may be someone out there that stumbles across this and wants to join the crowd. So, if you don't get an e-mail with a link to this then click that button and it will take you to the "Google Groups" site that sends out the e-mail to everyone. All you have to do is click on the "Join this group" link and then fill out the little form asking for your e-mail address and all that. Then your gold.

Well, the snow is now here, but the good news is that, while the roads are a little slick, we didn't get what they thought we would get. We are getting a little bit of freezing rain, but the meteorologists are claiming that the entire system is moving through rather quickly. So, I think that we'll be alright.

Want to see something freaky? Look at the countdown at the top of the page. Okay, so maybe that doesn't freak you out, but it absolutely weirds me out. We're pretty much ready, but it just seems that you can never be ready enough, you know?

Well, I hope you all are doing well. Later!

2 comments:

I know THAT feeling!! (From Katrina in '05) I think we even went without cable TV unnecessarily for about a week or two simply because we weren't aware that they had turned it back on!! Anyway, glad to hear you're warming up over there! Oh - and what's with that sign? Is that fine for dying or for touching the wires?!! Let me know when you find out!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More