Cool Header!

I love this so much that I have to write a blog about it. I have a real love for Springfield. Most of you know that. I get excited about the new things that are happening downtown and all the renovations that are being made in the historic areas of town.

I grew up and lived in Galloway until I was 6 years old. (for those of you who don't know Galloway was a very small train stop and it's own town a long time ago. Now, most people know it as South Lone Pine around Sequiota Park.) We moved a little further north but still in Galloway until I was 8 years old. I then moved to the downtown area when my mom remarried. We lived in an awesome two story house that was built in the 1880's. 408 S. Main was just south of Walnut. We moved again when I was 10 years old when my mom divorced again, however we only moved one street over and down a couple blocks to Market and State. I lived there until I was eleven and a half.

It's funny because, all in all, I only lived in downtown Springfield for a small portion of my life and yet I claim and pretty much always have claimed to be from there. When in truth, of the three areas that I grew up, when looking at the time spent in each area, the downtown area comes in a shameful last place. To illustrate the proportions of the locations in which my childhood took place and also to throw up a big dork flag, refer to the pie graph below.

The reason I love the downtown area so much is that it is full of history. With all the renovating, the historic aspects are being preserved. And what's better than that is that the entire area is free from chain restaurants, big-box stores, and "The Man". It's all locally owned businesses. The golden arches don't pollute this city scape. There's no Wal-Mart, no restaurants with enormous children play areas out front, no Taco Bell plastic bags floating down the street, etc. It's just a great place to go to do something unique, see something unique, and enjoy being part of this town.

Well, when I saw the header for "The Front Porch"'s website, I immediately recognized it as buildings in Springfield. And, I thought, "Crap! Why didn't I come up with that?" I love the idea and it makes for a very creative web page header.

So, I ask you. Is it time that I create a new blog page header? I like the look of my page, but is it time for a change? A renovation? Comment and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

If you stand still you can never move forward. So sure lets see something different.

I LOVE it! It looks AWESOME!! At first I was like ~Does he really like Nike or something and I just didn't know it?~ Then I realized ~Oooooh....soccer.~

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More