Jacob's Birthday


Jacob's getting seriously old. He turns eight today. That's halfway to getting a driver's license! He's pretty excited about the birthday thing and very excited to be eight. You remember how it was as a kid. Once you hit eight, seven seems so childish and young. Kids who are still seven, all of a sudden are no longer your peer group, but instead "those little kids."
I'm excited for him, but I'm feeling a little old myself now. He drags me right along with him, despite his bad math. This morning, as I dropped him off at school, he said, "Now, you're only nineteen years older than me." I replied, "No, actually I'll always be twenty and a half years older than you." He came back with, "but you're twenty-seven." I'm hoping that if he goes on believing that I am twenty-seven, then I'll somehow magically stay that age with the power of his faith. What do you think? Possible?

2 comments:

You are old man you are not in my peer group anymore my kids are still under the age of 5 so ha ha.

Dustin Mammen

I feel I old I'm 30 and pregnant with my first and by the time our peanut is born I'll be 31. So lets not talk about being old. :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More