This Little Piggy Went To The Market


With our house pretty much ready to be on the market, Jodi wrote out a list of our house's features so that we could see what kind of listing it would be. It was actually a long list which is great. I kind of felt like it wouldn't be, but I've been guilty of looking at it through a different perspective. We've been in this house for over two and a half years now and even though it has come a long way we still have many projects that we've thought up that we haven't even begun. I'm sure that every home owner probably feels this way when they begin the process of selling their home.

We've put every extra dollar we've had into this house and many more that weren't extra at all. We've sacrificed vacations, fancy dinners, and many other things that lots of people enjoy not because of a lack of funds but because we took our available funds and bought building materials instead. So, in place of lying on a beach for a week one year, we spent a month working after we got home from work.

There are times when I start to wonder what it would be like to live in a house that was new and didn't need anything done to it. I realize that the majority of people live in this category. Or maybe they're not the majority. Maybe they're second to the group of people who live in homes that need work done but choose not to do anything about it. Either way, I wonder if I would be content to live that way or if I would feel compelled to run out and buy a fixer-upper just to tinker with in my spare time.

Speaking of spare time, we never have too much of it around here. Many people don't, so I'm not saying that we're special or anything, but I do take notice of the lack of time to dedicate to maintaining friendships. Sometimes, I wonder why I have friends at all. I rarely call anyone. I very rarely ask anyone to do anything. And, fairly often, when asked to get together with friends I have to decline because of something that we have to do or something we have going on. And, yet, we still have plenty of good friends. I guess, it's because they're good people who choose not to take offense when they don't hear from me.

So, thanks to you all who have hung in there with us. When we're rich and famous we won't forget you. :) But, also to all those who are familiar with our house, I have a job for you. Look at the "listing" below and let me know if you have any suggestions to make it better whether it be a rewording of something, an item to list that we forgot about, or a section to take out altogether. Whatever the suggestion, we'd love to hear it. Thanks!

2-Story
1900+ sq. ft.
3 Bedroom
2 Bathrooms (1 full/1 half) both completely renovated and remodeled
Brand New Kitchen (cabinets galore, black appliances, garbage disposal, built-in recycling center, and many more custom features)
Formal Dining Room
Foyer with built-in bookcase
10 ft ceilings downstairs
Beautiful Molding throughout
Huge Brand New Mud/Utility Room
Refinished Hardwood floors
New ceramic tile in Kitchen, both Baths and Utility
Basement (partial unfinished)
Central Forced Heat and Air
New Roof (2008)
New Gutters (2008)
1 Car Detached Garage (New Roof 2008)
Covered Front Porch
Fenced Backyard w/Garden Wall
Mature Trees and Shrubbery
Alley Access
Great Central Location, Close to Downtown Shopping and Entertainment

3 comments:

That's exciting about having your house on the market ...my guess is that we will be venturing upon this as well in the next year or so. We live in a 1954 3BR/1B starter home & lucky for us someone flipped our house 2 owners ago, so it hasn't needed much work.

Ben & I debate about brand new houses in cookie-cutter neighborhoods & older homes w/ huge backyards in established neighborhoods. I see the benefits of both.

I don't think that I could ever go the route of a cookie cutter neighborhood. Property values there are too reliant on the neighborhood average rather than the individual house's options. It's a big de-motivator when thinking about improving your home but realizing that you may never get that money back out when you sell it. On the other hand, some cookie cutter neighborhoods get a good community and property values see steady growth without really having to do anything for it.

In the end, every investment carries an amount of risk.

Miss you guys! I found a nice catch phrase site for home listings. Hows this:
Spacious new kitchen featuring an abundance of charming custom crafted cabinets, stylish black appliances,...etc.

http://activerain.com/blogsview/374829/Real-Estate-descriptive-words

I hope and pray you get the home sold fast.

Take it easy

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More